- Use to retouch damaged gilding or to gild new surfaces.
- Easy to apply.
- All colours are intermixable.
Seal porous surfaces, such as woods and plaster, before applying Gilt Cream. Ensure surface is clean, dry and free from dust.
Apply to the surface with a cotton cloth or small brush for intricate areas. Allow to dry for a minimum of four hours, longer if possible, and either leave matt or buff to a shine. For a better finish, we recommend applying several thin coats of Gilt Cream as opposed to one thick coat. Clean tools with white spirit.
- Gilt Cream can be revived or thinned with turpentine or good quality white spirit.
- Important: Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
- Remove as much of the product as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.