Black Patinating Wax
- Special effect wax used for adding a coloured finish, highlighting areas or creating striking effects.
- Suitable for use on various surfaces including wood, metal, gilt, plaster, stone, MDF and papier-mâché.
- Ideal for ageing modern furniture, disguising repairs to old and new furniture, and highlighting areas on finished pieces and decorative carvings.
Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from any previous finishing materials.
Wipe onto the surface with a cloth or brush and allow to dry for 2 to 3 minutes before removing as much or as little of the excess as you wish with a clean lint-free cloth or Libéron Ultrafine Steel Wool (grade 0000). To use the wax as a coloured finish on bare wood, work a thin coat into the wood with Libéron Ultrafine Steel Wool (grade 0000), allow to become touch dry and buff. To remove large areas of Special Effect Wax, use Libéron Black Bison Paste Wax in Neutral and buff. For a water resistant finish, use Libéron Finishing Oil applied with a lint-free cloth or Libéron Ultrafine Steel Wool (grade 0000).
- Try Libéron Special Effects Waxes in conjunction with the Libéron Gilt Cream for an even wider selection of effects.
- Important: Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
- CAUTION: Risk of self-combustion. Wet with water any textiles or tools soiled with the product and dispose of them in a tightly closed container.
- Remove as much of the product as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.