Spirit Wood Dye
- For colouring dense hardwoods such as mahogany and oak.
- Ideal for colouring previously finished woods i.e. for antique restoration.
- Easy to apply.
- All colours are intermixable.
- Ethanol-based formula.
Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from any existing finishes, wax, oil or grease etc. Sand thoroughly and remove any dust.
Shake well before use. If more than one tin of dye is required to complete the work, mix the tins together to ensure a uniform colour. Apply one liberal coat of Spirit Wood Dye with a brush or cloth, allow the stain to penetrate, then remove the excess with a clean cotton cloth. When dry, Libéron Spirit Wood Dye may be finished with a varnish, wax or oil.
- Do not mix spirit-based dyes with water-based dyes.
- Application of a second coat is not needed and may lift the first coat.
- Spirit Wood Dye is not compatible with French polishes and shellac-based sealers. Test products first to check compatibility and end results.
- Different types of wood produce different results.
- The colour bar may not be a true representation of the actual colour.
- Remove as much of the product as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.