Natural Finish Interior Varnish
- Superior water-based formula.
- High resistance to scratches and stains.
- Suitable for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Maintains the natural look and feel of the wood.
Sand the wood if required and remove all previous finishes. Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from dust – allow all wood dyes to dry for a minimum of 8 hours before applying Natural Finish Interior Varnish. If you want to colour the wood, you can apply Libéron Palette Wood Dye to the timber before varnishing. Alternatively, Libéron Palette Wood Dye may be added to the varnish to create unique colour tones. Libéron Palette Wood Dye is available in a range of wood shades.
Shake / stir well before use. Apply a reasonable coat of varnish evenly using a paint brush or short hair roller and allow to dry for a minimum of 2 hours before applying further coats. We recommend a minimum of 3 coats are applied, sanding lightly between coats if required. More coats may be required for items which are in heavy use. Allow the final coat of varnish a minimum of 24 hours drying time before use. In order to avoid bubbles forming on the surface of the varnish when using a roller, we recommend the use of a short hair roller and that work is not carried out at temperatures above 25°C. Apply successive coats in a crisscross format (right to left then left to right) applying the final coat in the direction of the grain.
- Care must be taken on the application of the first coat of Natural Finish Interior Varnish when being used over Palette Wood Dye.
- Keep brush strokes to a minimum as over-brushing may lift out the colour. The varnish may raise the grain on some hardwoods.
- Do not exceed a 20% dilution of Natural Finish Interior Varnish with Libéron Palette Wood Dye.
- Natural Finish Interior Varnish is not suitable for applying over an oil-based finish.
- Maintenance: wipe any spills immediately. For general maintenance wipe over with a damp cloth using a mild detergent if required. If the surface shows signs of wear, re-apply a coat of varnish.
- Important: Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
- Remove as much of the product as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.