Palette Wood Dye
- Water-based dye for interior woodwork.
- For use prior to oil, wax, varnish and French polish finishes.
- Leaves the natural beauty of the grain visible.
- Suitable for use on both hard and softwoods, such as furniture, floors, doors, cupboards, frames, etc.
- Can be mixed with Libéron Natural Finish Varnish.
- Colours can be mixed together to create unique shades.
Ensure the surface is thoroughly sanded, dry, bare and free from dust.
Shake well before use. If more than one tin of dye is required to complete the work, mix the tins of dye together to ensure a uniform colour. Apply the Wood Dye fairly quickly along the grain using a foam applicator or brush. Wipe off any excess with a clean, dry, cotton cloth before it dries to even out the colour. On large surfaces, such as floors, avoid overlap marks by working a small section at a time. A second coat may be applied after 2 hours if a stronger colour is required.
- Note: more than two coats of dye may affect the final finish.
- Libéron Palette Wood Dye may be added to Libéron water-based varnishes to tint or colour the varnish.
- Caution must be taken when using water-based finishes over Libéron Palette Wood Dye. Keep brush strokes to a minimum as overbrushing may lift out the colour.
- Do not mix a water-based dye with a spirit-based dye.
- The colour bar may not be a true representation of the actual colour.
- Wear gloves to avoid staining skin.
- Important: Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result. Different types of wood produce different results.
- Remove as much of the product as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/ solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.