Quick Drying Tung Oil
- High quality natural oil for protecting interior and exterior wood.
- Highly resistant to water, alcohol and food acids.
- Ideal for surfaces such as kitchen worktops.
- Suitable for all high quality interior and exterior wood.
Ensure the wood surface is bare: remove any wax finishes with Libéron Wax and Polish Remover and any varnish or oil finishes with Libéron Fine Wood Stripper. Clean, dry and ensure the surface is dust free.
Apply Quick Drying Tung Oil using a brush or lint-free cotton cloth. Allow the oil to penetrate for 20 minutes then wipe off the excess oil using a clean lint-free cloth. Allow to dry for 4 hours. Apply further coats of Quick Drying Tung Oil as above, we recommend at least 4 coats on most woods. To check the surface is protected, drop some water onto the wood and if the water beads, the surface is sealed. Allow 24 hours for the final coat to dry. For best results gently rub with Libéron Ultrafine Steel Wool (garde 0000) between coats. Furniture items may be finished with Libéron Wax Polish Black Bison for an improved lustre.
- Remove as much of the oil as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.
- Important: Oil finishes bring out the natural colours of timber. A wet surface will be an indication of the final colour.
- Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
- Maintenance: Quick Drying Tung Oil must be maintained on a regular basis. Apply at least once or twice a year or more if required, depending upon usage.
- Wear suitable clothing and protective gloves.
- Tung Oil is extracted from nuts and may cause an allergic reaction.
- Store Libéron Tung Oil at a temperature above 5°C. Always replace the lid otherwise the oil can deteriorate.
- CAUTION: Risk of self-combustion. Wet with water any textiles or tools soiled with the product and dispose of them in a tightly closed container.
- If the excess is not removed and the surface becomes sticky, wipe with white spirit to remove the sticky film and allow to dry before continuing.