Natural Finish Floor Varnish
- Maintains the natural feel and look of the timber.
- Water-based, low VOC.
- Highly resistant to scratches and stains.
- Provides a hard, durable and long-lasting finish.
- Non-yellowing and quick drying.
- Ideal for soft and hardwood floors, can be also used on laminate flooring.
Sand the floor if required and remove all previous finishes. Ensure the surface is clean, dry and dust free. If you want to colour the wood, you can apply Libéron Palette Wood Dye to the timber before varnishing. Alternatively, Libéron Palette Wood Dye may be added to the varnish to create unique colour tones. Add 100ml of Libéron Palette Wood Dye to one 1L tin of Natural Finish Floor Varnish.
Shake / stir well before use. Apply a reasonable coat of varnish evenly using a paint brush or short hair roller and allow to dry for a minimum of 2 hours before applying further coats. We recommend a minimum of 3 coats are applied, sanding lightly between coats if required. More coats may be required for heavy traffic areas. Allow the final coat of varnish a minimum of 24 hours drying time before using the floor.
- Wipe any spills immediately. For general maintenance wipe over with a damp mop or cloth, using a mild detergent if required. If the surface shows signs of wear, re-apply a coat of varnish or coat with Libéron Wood Floor Reviver.
- Allow all wood dyes to dry for a minimum of 8 hours before applying Natural Finish Floor Varnish.
- Care must be taken on the application of the first coat of Natural Finish Floor Varnish when being used over Libéron Palette Wood Dye.
- Do not exceed a 10% dilution of Natural Finish Floor Varnish with Libéron Palette Wood Dye (100ml Dye to 1L Varnish).
- Keep brush strokes to a minimum as over-brushing may lift out the colour. The varnish may raise the grain on some hardwoods.
- Natural Finish Floor Varnish is not suitable for applying over an oil-based sealer. For a more durable finish we recommend Libéron Palette Wood Dye is only added to the varnish for the first coat and that subsequent coats are varnish only.
- Important: Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour compatibility and end result. Product may slightly darken some woods.
- Remove as much of the product as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.