Hard Wax Oil
- A blend of premium quality oil and wax to give superior protection to wooden flooring and furniture.
- Makes surfaces waterproof and stain resistant.
- Provides a long-lasting smooth and durable finish.
- Water-based for quick drying protection.
- Especially suited to humid environments such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- Maintains the natural look of the wood.
The wood must be bare, clean and dry.
Varnished or painted wood: Remove all old varnish, paint or wax with Libéron Fine Wood Stripper or sand the surface back to bare wood. Clean and remove all dust with a tack cloth.
Waxed wood: Remove the wax with Libéron Wax & Polish Remover. Neutralise and leave to dry. Sand the surface back with 240 grit paper and remove all dust with a tack cloth.
Oiled wood: Sand lightly with 240 grit paper and remove all dust with a tack cloth.
Bare wood: Clean, sand lightly with 240 grit paper and remove all dust with a tack cloth.
Varnished floors: Sand once with 60 grit paper then with 120 grit paper to ensure the wood is bare and free from any finish. Finish by sanding with 240 grit paper and remove all dust with a tack cloth. The treated surface can be washed with mild detergents.
Stir the contents of the tin well before use. Apply the first coat thinly with a brush or roller and leave to dry for 8 hours. Then sand with 240 grit paper and remove all dust. Apply a second coat in the same way as the first and leave to dry for 24 hours. Whilst the product is drying, do not allow any textile fibres to come into contact with it.
- Wear suitable clothing and protective gloves.
- It is advisable to avoid allowing water to sit on the surface of the treated wood during the immediate 3 weeks after application. This will give the product time to fully cure.
- If a small area becomes worn, sand the area lightly with 240 grit paper and remove all dust. Then apply another coat of Hard Wax Oil to the area and leave to dry for 24 hours.
- Recommended temperature for application: minimum 12°C. Drying time may be increased in cooler conditions.
- CAUTION: risk of self-combustion. Wet with water any textiles or tools soiled with the product and dispose of them in a tightly closed container.
- Important: The final finish can vary depending on the type of wood, especially with hardwoods. Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
- Remove as much of the product as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.