- Enhances and protects wood and parquet floors against daily wear and tear.
- Slip resistant: ideal for use in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Designed for use on all types of untreated real wood floors.
- Gives a natural soft sheen, whilst enhancing the colour and grain of the timber.
- Provides a stain and scratch resistant finish.
- Microporous - allows the wood to breathe.
Sand the floor if required and remove all previous finishes. Ensure the surface is clean, dry and dust free. If you wish to colour the wood, use Libéron Palette Wood Dye prior to applying Floor Oil.
For best results apply with a brush, cloth or roller working with the grain of the wood wherever possible. Allow the oil to penetrate into the wood for 10-20 minutes, then wipe over the surface with a clean, dry lint-free cloth to remove any excess oil. Failure to do so will reduce penetration of subsequent coats and produce an uneven finish. A minimum of 3 coats is recommended, sanding lightly between coats. More coats may be required on porous timbers or for a more durable finish. Allow a minimum of 12 hours between coats and 24 hours after the last coat before heavy use of the floor.
- Surfaces may be cleaned using a damp cloth and spills should be wiped up immediately. For stubborn stains, a mild detergent can be used, alternatively lightly sand the affected area to remove the stain and then re-apply Floor Oil. Re-oil surfaces when they become dull and dry. To check the surface is properly sealed, drop a small amount of water onto the surface. Leave for 10-15 minutes and if the water remains on the surface, then enough Floor Oil has been applied. If not, then further coats of Floor Oil are required.
- Allow all wood dyes to dry for a minimum of 8 hours before applying Floor Oil.
- CAUTION: risk of self-combustion. Wet with water any textiles or tools soiled with the product and dispose of them in a tightly closed container.
- Important: Oil finishes bring out the natural colours of timber. A wet surface will be an indication of the final colour. Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
- Remove as much of the oil as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.