- Natural, oil-based finish for wood and parquet floors.
- Seals floors prior to waxing and varnishing to help protect against stains and scratching.
- Enhances the natural colour of new and old wood.
- Can be used alone to achieve a final satin to gloss finish, or as a sealer prior to waxing or varnishing.
- Water, heat and alcohol resistant.
- Suitable for sealing unvarnished cork surfaces.
Sand the floor if required and remove all previous finishes. Ensure the surface is clean, dry and dust free. If you wish to colour the wood, use Palette Wood Dye prior to applying Floor Sealer.
Shake the container well before use. Apply a reasonable coat of the Floor Sealer with a brush, roller or cloth. Allow the oil to penetrate for 5-10 minutes then remove the excess with a dry lint-free cloth. We recommend a minimum of 3 coats allowing 5 hours between coats. Additional coats may be required on porous surfaces or to achieve a higher finish. Libéron Floor Wax or High Resistance Floor Varnish may be applied after sealing, please allow 24 hours for the last coat of the Sealer to harden before applying.
- Surfaces should be swept or vacuumed and may be cleaned with a damp cloth. Any spills should be wiped up immediately. For stubborn stains, a mild detergent can be used, alternatively lightly sand the affected area to remove the stain and then re-apply Floor Sealer. When using Floor Sealer alone, surfaces may need to be re-sealed once a year, or more frequently in areas of high foot traffic.
- Allow all wood dyes to dry for a minimum of 8 hours before applying Floor Sealer. Do not use on vinyl or similar floor coverings. This product may dissolve bitumen-based adhesives.
- CAUTION: risk of self-combustion Wet with water any textiles or tools soiled with the product and dispose of them in a tightly closed container.
- Important: Oil finishes bring out the natural colours of the timber. A wet surface will be an indication of the final colour. Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour compatibility and end result.
- Remove as much of the product as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.