Superior Danish Oil
- Blend of pure tung oil and natural oils.
- Feeds, protects and enhances the natural colour of wood.
- Added UV filter for protection against sunlight.
- Water, heat and alcohol resistant.
- Quick-drying formula.
- Suitable for interior and exterior use.
Ensure the surface is clean and dry. Remove any wax or varnish finishes and stain the wood with Libéron Palette Wood Dye before oiling if required. On exterior woodwork remove all decaying timber and greying as this may cause blackening.
Apply with a brush or lint-free cotton cloth and allow to penetrate for 5 to 10 minutes before wiping off the excess with a clean lint-free cloth. Allow to dry for a minimum of 5h and apply more coats as required. We recommend a minimum of 3 coats for internal use and 4 or more for external use or damp areas, i.e., kitchens and bathrooms. On exterior timber it is important to ensure sufficient coats of oil are applied initially to give maximum protection.
- Superior Danish Oil may darken some timbers and blackening may occur on some external timbers.
- Store Libéron Superior Danish Oil at a temperature above 5°C. Always replace the lid otherwise the oil can deteriorate.
- CAUTION: risk of self-combustion. Wet with water any textiles or tools soiled with the product and dispose of them in a tightly closed container.
- Superior Danish Oil is not suitable for use on external oak. Libéron Pure Tung Oil is recommended for this purpose.
- If the excess is not removed and the surface becomes sticky, wipe with white spirit to remove the sticky film and allow to dry before continuing.
- Remove as much of the oil as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.
- Important: Oil finishes bring out the natural colours of timber. A wet surface will be an indication of the final colour. Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
- Maintenance: surfaces may be cleaned using a damp cloth and spills should be wiped up immediately. Surfaces need to be re-oiled once a year or more, depending upon usage.