Extreme Decking Paint
- Comes with a 5-year guarantee.
- Ideal for exterior wooden decking: soft, hard, exotic, smooth or grooved.
- Highly water-repellent and resistant to foot traffic, impact, UV, stains, weathering and everyday dirt.
- Direct on all surfaces: no cleaning, no undercoat and no wiping.
- The anti-slip, easy application formula ensures a perfect finish.
- Decorative matt opaque finish with no peeling or flaking.
To ensure a perfect finish on timber previously treated with Sealer/Paint/Woodstain, sand the existing treatment to expose the bare wood. Ensure the wood is dust-free. On exotic and hard woods, dilute the first coat with 10% water. One final check: The ‘Water Drop Test’. Place a small amount of water on the timber. If the water droplet absorbs into the timber, you may apply the Extreme Decking Paint. If the water droplet remains on the timber surface, the Extreme Decking Paint will not adhere. Degrease the surface with denatured alcohol. On new timber, wait three months before applying Extreme Decking Paint; this will then allow the timber to absorb the Extreme Decking Paint fully. On exotic and hard woods or oily timber: remove any excess oil using denatured alcohol.
Ideal application conditions: between 12° and 25°C, in dry weather. We wouldn’t recommend applying the Extreme Decking Paint in strong winds and when bad weather is forecast. Stir the product well before and during use. Stir the paint with a mixer or wide stick, working around the bottom of the tin to mix it well. Apply the product with a brush between the grooves and edges in 2 sqm areas at a time, then paint with the roller in various directions, (top to bottom and sideways), avoiding excessive application. Allow 8 hours before applying a second coat. On highly porous or highly exposed decking, a third coat may be required. Ideally, allow a further 48 hours before light usage on the decking. If there are any signs of heavy wear or surface damage, we would advise applying a maintenance coat. Woods with little absorption (Iroko, Wenge, Larch etc) require a regular application of a maintenance coat. Applying further coats of Extreme Decking Paint: Wash existing timber with a pressure washer and remove any foliage / moss and excess oil stains.
- The performance and the optimal resistance of the product is obtained after 2 weeks. Avoid stress to your surface (shocks, stains, cleaning) during this period.
- Time required to put the decking back into service: pedestrian use within 48 hours.
- To obtain the performance and resistance of this product, it is essential to apply 2 coats, without overload, even on porous substrates.
- For optimum adhesion, application must be carried out on dry wood. Wait for 3 days of dry weather before applying the 1st coat and without risk of rain within 48 hours after applying the 2nd coat.
- For exterior use only.
- Remove as much of the paint as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, etc., in order to avoid discharge into the environment.