Latin name: Terminalia ivorensis
Type of wood: Tropical Hardwood
Idigbo is a moderately strong and heavy tropical hardwood from West Africa. Despite its durability it can be difficult and high maintenance to use.
Idigbo is commonly used for decking and flooring.
- durable, long-lasting wood
- attractive wood grain
- resistant to warping and bending
- highly resistant to wear and tear
- high acid content can react with finishes and cause corrosion in contact with metal
- can be resistant to finishes and preservative treatments